Written by Kelly in 1998. Her first draft; final draft published in Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul III.
CAN THAT BE?
I step outside, what did I hear?
I heard the whispers,
And the cries of the people’s fear.
The loneliness of wisdom,
Can that be?
The sad, sad sorrow that I see,
That is past in the trees,
Is it true, can it be real?
Can I let them know how I really feel?
The things that I have seen,
The things that I have felt,
The feelings of sorrow
That I hope will soon melt.
Wherever I looked,
Wherever I turned,
I see shadows all through the night.
I put my head down and said a little prayer,
To tell the Lord the sad, sad, sorrow,
And the lonely cries that I have heard.
After a minute of silence, of wisdom,
I looked up slowly,
I saw a thing that I have never seen.
I saw a light and asked myself can that be?
Was it real or was it a dream?
I didn’t know but hopefully It will come to me.
It was bright and I was scared.
I didn’t know what or if I should see.
I looked and then it came to me.
It was a dream.
When I was turning to walk away,
I heard a voice.
Tagged as: Kelly Fleming. poem. Columbine. literary creation.
- rebandvodkadedication likes this
- omr11 likes this
- makenziehutcherson65 likes this
- wecameasglass likes this
- i-gave-birth-t0-satan reblogged this from pretend-we-are-dead
- i-gave-birth-t0-satan likes this
- sophomore-james reblogged this from pretend-we-are-dead
- sophomore-james likes this
- darkdelight likes this
- violatears reblogged this from pretend-we-are-dead
- sass-trick likes this
- pretend-we-are-dead posted this